First Chemo Treatment

Well, we have made our maiden voyage on The Chemotherapy and the ride was a little bumpy.  We started on Tuesday around 4 pm and by the middle of the night all sorts of bodily fluids were happening all over.  We have to wear thick gloves and protect ourselves from the fluids because of the chemo.  That makes me sad to think about.  We don't want it to harm us but we are pumping Logan full of it.  So...as my dad would say...then don't think about it.  So, I don't.  He hasn't really kept anything down until just now at lunch.  He slept for 17 hours last night and is now feeling great it seems.  So, now we kind of know what to plan for for next time.  His second round of chemo is on Monday and will continue every Monday for the next 5 weeks until we evaluate for possible surgery or more chemo.  Luckily though, only chemo 1 and 4 of this round have the drugs that really do a number on him.  So, it should go smoother next time.
     So far, the worst part for him seems to be removing the tape from the area around his port when they "de-access" him.  When they take the needle out they remove the tape that has been keeping germs out and he screamed and cried and I wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out.  I didn't. So, that's good.  I survived and he survived and we are both stronger for it I suppose.
     We came home yesterday around 4 and it is just so much better here.  I do worry more because we are the ones in charge of keeping him clean and fed and hydrated, but it's still worth it.  So, we just take it easy until Monday's treatment, which will be an outpatient thing, which is awesome.  Just taking it day by day.
 First meal he has kept down so far.  I woke him up at noon and said, "Do you want a hot dog?" and he said, "where is my mom?" We both got a pretty good laugh.  At this point I just want food in him.  A sweet friend put together a super hero dinner kit with "super powerade" and the plates and a million other themed food items.  It was so cute.  He guzzled that super powerade.  I sure hope it really gives you super powers!
 At Primary's we found a Steve Young shrine
 And, because we actually have 3 other amazing kids.  Jolie gets to go to preschool away from mom for this last month.  She has been a few times and is really liking it.  She chooses her hair do on most days and is very....creative.
 I have rocked Davis to sleep for the last 18 months every day and night.  This particular night, he fell asleep on his own all snuggled up and I was so grateful I documented it.
 Nothing cuter than a baby with a watering can.  He's pretty good with it.
 he was doing a dance on his back
 She really wanted me to take a pic of her by this mushroom.  I see why now.  She's adorable.
 Little man with the giant goggles on.  
I can't remember what he was eating, but he really liked it and just couldn't let the crumbs go to waste.  No one had to teach him this.  It was just out of desperation.
 Watching the Jazz game I believe.  
Such a dream for this kid. He loved it so much!!

Comments

midge said…
Thank you so much for the update. Prayer is soooo wonderful!! I am so glad he is doing so much better. Your family is in my prayers. Love, Midge Johnson
Dana said…
Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason