Dear Fever, Thank you for stopping

We ended up staying two nights in the hospital because Logan had to be 24 hours free from a fever.  They consider a fever for an immuno compromised kid to be 100.4 degrees F or 38 degrees C.  Logan was doing really well except for the fever.  So, they loaded him full of antibiotics ( We have probably had antibiotics about twice in our 9 years as parents with 4 children.  Logan is making up for all of that ;)) and we just waited around.  Last night his fever started going up again, which is what happened the previous 2 nights.  It started at 36.something and then just kept creaping up until it reached 37.9.  The nurse was hoping it would stop but was pretty sure we would need to culture his blood and start the 24 hours again.  She left the room, I prayed with all of my might that his temp would not reach 38.  I told Logan to think cold thoughts.  She came in again an hour or so later and it was still 37.9.  Then, another hour later it dropped to 37.7, then 37.5 and it stayed there most of the night.  PHEW!!  We are home now and feeling incredibly grateful.  I don't remember the last time I actually felt so much power in a prayer.  As I said it, I knew that I could ask that and that it would stop.  I just didn't really question that it would stop because I felt so good about asking that.  Anyway, I need to share that because so many little things happen every day that we just gloss over or call coincidence, but I know that the more we recognize those little things as from God, they happen more often and are easier to recognize.  My faith is stronger for next time.  Experiment upon the word, and you will be amazed by the real power that is just waiting there to be given.  And, lucky for me, my 7 year old witnessed it with me and realized what it was that did it.  "Mom, I know why it worked...it's because I closed my eyes the whole time!"  Oh, how I laughed.  We talked about some other reasons it may have worked ;).  But, just in case he is on to something, you better keep your eyes closed the whole time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason