Put in our places


So, tonight as we snuggled in bed and read stories, it occurred to me, "Ah, it's Family HOme Evening night!" We had somewhere to go as soon as Dan got home and we just forgot about it. We decided that since it was well past Mason's bed time anyway that we would do it tomorrow night. Mason hurried out of Dan's nook (crook in the arm where reading must take place) and climbed down from the bed. "Jesus," he said as he walked over to the basket where the nursery manual is (what we use for FHE) and pulled it out. Then he proceeded to say, "Jesus, okay" and climb back onto the bed with the book. Needless to say, Family Home Evening was not pushed to tomorrow.


On a very different note, I have another Mason story from tonight. We were at Kohl's (30% off + spend $20 and get $10 off + $10 Kohl's cash from a previous purchase = sweet deal on Dan's new dress shoes). Anyway, as we walked down our first aisle toward the men's clothing, we happened to walk through the scantily clad maniquins wearing Christmas lingerie. As we walked by, Dan and I of course commenting on their attire, we laughed and didn't think anything of it. Mason, however, slowed behind us and as I looked back, my little boy was holding the maniquins hand. I am pretty confident it was due to the fact that this particular headless body was painted silver and very shiny that Mason wanted to hold her hand, but I didn't like it one bit. We did laugh pretty darn hard though.

Comments

Kit said…
Haha. What an awesome little boy! I love how my kids teach me on a daily basis. Beautiful!
The Mattesons said…
That is pretty funny!!! Just be glad he didn't yell, "Hunter, I don't see the boobies" as he was running up the Kohl's isle...Walker did that to Rikk on their Super Saturday. Boys will be boys!
The Mattesons said…
Oh and what a great little boy for making sure you have FHE. What a cutie!!! Sometimes we realize we missed scripture study and the boys get out of bed to remind us and we have to have it right then.
k myers said…
Well, at least last night he wanted Jesus...even though he thought the scantily clad mannequin was cool! hehehe. Kid just know that stuff is funny, Hailee usually walks past the lingerie section or goes to the brightest colored bras and says "it's cute" and repeats it several times. They are just so good at making us parents blush:)
Holly said…
So darling- a cute little testimony already. Just make sure you're not teaching him any "romantic kisses". This is about how old Henry was when he did that, right? I still laugh about that.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason