Mason's 2 year old Rundown from his proud mommy!

Here is the rundown of what Mason is like at 2 years old. Mostly for posterity...and me to read over and over again next year.
Mason is social. That is what he has always been about and continues to be about. He loves to go anywhere and tries really hard to get the attention of strangers while we are there. He knows exactly what he is doing and I love it. I see this awesome little personality just coming out. He loves to make us laugh and will do anything to get the right result. My favorite is when I was getting blood drawn and an old woman walked in. I looked over at Mason and realized he was doing an impression of her. It could have really been humiliating and horrible if she had seen, but she didn’t and I laughed so hard. He hunched over, pretended he had a cane, and put his lips together like he had dentures. What, seriously, what 2 year old is also an impressionist. He does it frequently now and we love it every time.
Mason is kind. He is a gentle little guy and is usually the first to start crying when someone is sad. He saw me crying the other day (I’m pregnant, I don’t remember why, it may have been a commercial on TV, who knows.) and just came and gave me hugs and kisses and laughed and tried to do funny things to help. It worked.
Mason is smart. (this is so I remember, please skip this section unless you want to be annoyed by a braggy mom). He is very interested in being quizzed and showing off his knowledge which is not typical of a 2 year old. We try to really take advantage of that. He can count to 6, almost say the ABC’s, recognizes a few of them, can write an M, knows his shapes, can draw a circle, knows orange and black (thanks Halloween), has an awesome vocab, loves to read, loves to play pretend and just seems to get it. He is fairly easy for us to communicate with which has been a major blessing.
He loves to watch TV, just like dad. They have a spot at the end of the bed that they meet at most nights, and watch a little something. He loves Finding Nemo (that may be that it is the only movie we have, or that he really likes it, not sure). He loves to play baseball. This is something his dad also loves, but we really didn’t do anything to push it. He just uses everything like a bat (newspaper, blocks, ping pong paddle, sticks) he has probably tried everything. He loves to play catch and would do it all day if I would let him. He is a very obedient boy which I am also so grateful for. He has all of the qualities I would want my oldest child to have. We have really tried to put in a lot of effort with him, so we can slack on our next kids and Mason will just teach them. Haha (only mostly kidding). He will be an awesome big brother. We think he is excited about getting a brother soon, but we shall see.
I am so lucky I get to be the mom of this awesome little boy. He really is a special little boy and I know he will do great things. He makes life so much more fun than we ever thought possible. Thanks Mason for being so so great and for reminding mom and dad to fold their arms for prayer. We love you!!!!
Mason is kind. He is a gentle little guy and is usually the first to start crying when someone is sad. He saw me crying the other day (I’m pregnant, I don’t remember why, it may have been a commercial on TV, who knows.) and just came and gave me hugs and kisses and laughed and tried to do funny things to help. It worked.
Mason is smart. (this is so I remember, please skip this section unless you want to be annoyed by a braggy mom). He is very interested in being quizzed and showing off his knowledge which is not typical of a 2 year old. We try to really take advantage of that. He can count to 6, almost say the ABC’s, recognizes a few of them, can write an M, knows his shapes, can draw a circle, knows orange and black (thanks Halloween), has an awesome vocab, loves to read, loves to play pretend and just seems to get it. He is fairly easy for us to communicate with which has been a major blessing.
He loves to watch TV, just like dad. They have a spot at the end of the bed that they meet at most nights, and watch a little something. He loves Finding Nemo (that may be that it is the only movie we have, or that he really likes it, not sure). He loves to play baseball. This is something his dad also loves, but we really didn’t do anything to push it. He just uses everything like a bat (newspaper, blocks, ping pong paddle, sticks) he has probably tried everything. He loves to play catch and would do it all day if I would let him. He is a very obedient boy which I am also so grateful for. He has all of the qualities I would want my oldest child to have. We have really tried to put in a lot of effort with him, so we can slack on our next kids and Mason will just teach them. Haha (only mostly kidding). He will be an awesome big brother. We think he is excited about getting a brother soon, but we shall see.
I am so lucky I get to be the mom of this awesome little boy. He really is a special little boy and I know he will do great things. He makes life so much more fun than we ever thought possible. Thanks Mason for being so so great and for reminding mom and dad to fold their arms for prayer. We love you!!!!
Comments