Baby time!

So, I had my first appointment today to confirm that baby #2 is on its way. Sure enough, a quick little heartbeat was going strong. We can't wait, well, actually, I think we can. It will be much easier to wait for this one seeing that we have an 18 month old that keeps us very busy, but we are really excited for it to come around December 2nd ish. We are really excited for Mason to be a big brother because he is so sweet with babies these days and seems to actually enjoy them. I am 12 weeks and feeling pretty rotten. I guess that just helps me know that things are going okay with baby. Poor Mason has been watching alot of TV in the mornings and has not had as much play time with mom. It makes me sad, but you do what you gotta do to get by. Deep down i kind of want another boy, so I am pretty confident that it is a girl. Dan doesn't care at all, and I really don't either, but for some reason girls scare me. We are excited to see what we are going to get this time around. WEll, there ya go, the word is officially out. Just pray Mason doesn't have to watch me throw up again because he just stood by me and cried today and then patted me while I lied on the couch. What a little sweetie he is. Luckily, today was my first throw up (I have amazing control from being car sick so much) and I am going to really try to make it my last. Way TMI for all, but there ya go.

Comments

Jenny said…
We have never "hoped" for a certain gender, just for a healthy baby. We also didn’t find out what we were having with any of the 3 kids. We have one boy and 2 girls and to be honest the raising of the girls has not been that different, but I am not a girly girl mom either. They never wore gigantic head bands (brain squeezers), and we don’t have fru fru dresses. We did one school year of dance (jazz, ballet and tap)and then Abby asked if she could just stick to swimming, soccer, basketball and climbing trees. Abby still loves hot wheels and all sorts of "non girl" things. Brin likes books, cars, animals, gardening, rocks and babies.
Don't be nervous with girls. They are great!
We will be deliriously happy with a new niece or nephew. We love you guys!
tawnya said…
Oh, Dana! Congrats! I'm so, so happy for you all. I'm sorry you're feeling rotten, though. I wish you were still here so I could help!
Stacy said…
What exciting news! I am so happy for you! It seems that everyone around me is pregnant. I'm really starting to feel left out. That's okay though, my time will come. I can't believe your already twelve weeks along. Good job! I know your scared to have a little girl. But it so fun to watch Parker take care of Tandi. He is so sweet to her! Either way you will have a blast. I miss you!
The Ericksons said…
Congrats! That is awesome. Being sick is not fun at all. With Paige is lasted the whole 9 months. I was still throwing up the day I had her. Oh and girls are fun!!!
Jacob R said…
Yahoo for another Jakepher Tyler! (I think I spell if differently every time. Is it Jakopher? Maybe Jakifer? Oh well)

It sounds like you guys are doing well. I sure miss you and can't wait to see you again (hopefully soon)!
Lisa said…
Congratulations! Baby #2 is always fun! I love watching Kirk with Sara! Good luck and I hope you get feeling better.
tawnya said…
I swear it's really, really ok. PBS was made for a reason, right? Mason will be fine. This won't even register with him and he'll do great! Any time you need to complain or vent or just throw a fit, you know where I am.

It'll all be great or...you know...not last forever!
Holly said…
YEYEY!!! Congrats, Dana! I'm so excited! Maybe he/she and I can be birthday buddies- I'm rooting for Dec. 3rd. Wish I were closer to come get Mason for am play dates with Whitney. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!
Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting but I am sorry you are sick. At least you know it is for a good reason. Having two is so much fun and it sounds like Mason will be a great older brother!
Steph said…
Wow congratulations! You are such a great mom and you will do great with 2! Don't worry, Ryan watches a lot of PBS too and he seems fine...for now. I totally hope our next one is a boy too. I am with you on the girls being scary.
Becky said…
YAY!! I thought your appointment was next week for some reason. I'm so glad it went well. It is so nice to get reassurance that everything is going so well. You were very patient waiting until 12 weeks to be seen. That is probably the best though. Hang in there w/the morning sickness. Yuck!!!! I hate hate hate vomiting, hopefully that will come to an end. We need to talk soon. Glad to hear you had a great date with your husband. Love ya

Popular posts from this blog

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason