The fruits of our long weekend and Random stuff

Well, after 3 years of saying we are going to do a garden, we actually did a garden, Wahoo!! With the help of my bro who is a great gardener, we were able to figure it all out. I wish I had done a before and after because these garden boxes were horrible. We worked so hard all weekend and they turned out way better than we thought they would. Dan just keeps looking out our bedroom windows to "check on them." Needless to say, we feel really good about finally getting it all done and had alot of fun doing it. Mason loved every second of it and even got to plant all of the beans himself. We planted green beans, snow peas, 5 varieties of tomatoes (we love garden tomatoes), 5 varieties of peppers, carrots and onions. We can't wait to see what we end up with. We have deer in our yard every night so we are hoping we can keep them away and reap some of the rewards of our labors. Anyway, way boring for anyone reading this, but a good log for my blog book. This weekend we also did a camp fire at an awesome spot here with Doug and Marie and Luke and had a blast. We had lunch with Dan's bro and wife and kiddos and had a blast there too. We had a really good, fullfilling weekend.

Mason just couldn't quite last through the whole American Idol finale, but I didn't mind. PS-We are huge fans of Kris Allen and were so happy he won. (Liked Adam too, but would listen to Kris more, in fact, we listed to him while gardening)
At any time these days, Mason will just grab some books and want to read with you. LOVE IT!

This boy has become an awesome eater. He will just chow on most things we put in front of him...Hallelujah...now let's see how long it lasts.

Mason had his first fudgesicle (a pregnant mom craving one night). After he had spooned out all the pieces I cut up for him there was some juice left in the bottom and he just drank it out of the bowl and licked the sides. He was so happy he got that last little bit.

Just rocking his dog in the closet...why not.

When we do thumbs up, Mason can't do it, he ends up doing this.


Trying on mom's sunglasses...and looking good.

Comments

Mom and Dad said…
I can not wait to see your garden when we visit. I also can not wait to rock and read to the little guy. Hugs and kisses.
The Mattesons said…
I have always wanted to plant a garden too...but it has never happened. Can't wait to see what you get to grow. Mason is just as adorable as ever! Hope you are feeling better.
nattiejo said…
wow look at you guys go. seriously loved the post. love the pics. especially the thumbs up and sunglasses one. seriously its ridiculous but he looks so glam. big sunglasses are amazing. speakin of which, are you sure those arent mine? ive lost so many pairs like that its not even funny. haha jk. sorta. :)
Kit said…
Love the garden! We are hoping to get ours in tomorrow.
And so glad the news is out! Congrats! I am almost to 15 weeks, and sorry, still throwing up once a day. It seems like the nausea is getting better though. Hopefully yours goes away soon! Glad I know someone else is going through this at the same time. It is ROTTEN stuff!!
Tiffany said…
Hey Dana! Ok, first of all, I know i'm totally late, but CONGRATULATIONS! on your baby! That is so exciting! I can't believe Mason is 18 months already. It seems like he just came! Good job on planting the garden. We keep saying we're going to do that this year, but as of yet, it hasn't happened yet! Congrats again! Love ya!
jamie said…
I so love gardening! Congrats on having another baby! I didn't even know, I'm so happy for you guys. Mason is such a doll!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason