Dear Winter, thank you for taunting us with Spring, love Dana and Mason
It was Spring for a day and we loved every second of it. I know I am just being taunted and can expect another snow storm any day, but we will take it. We made our first outing of the season to the park and Mason's first park trip where he actually cared, and it was a blast. We even saw 2 dogs (Mason can spot them from miles away...no seriously atleast 2 miles). Mason even got a kiss from a little puppy. It was no accident either, he puckered up all by himself and that dog licked him smack on the lips, disguisting, but oh so funny. We also went to the library as a fam last night, for some St. Pats fun, or torture really (the picture will explain). Yesterday was just a great fulfilling day. In my life I have definitely realized that I get out of each day what I put into it, but it has especially hit me hard since entering motherhood, because it isn't just about what I get out of my day, it is about what Mason and I get out of the day, and there is alot of pressure that goes with that. It makes me work alot harder to make every day fulfilling. It is really crazy hard sometimes though. Yesterday reminded me that if I don't feel fullfilled as a mother, it is my own dang fault. It is all about perspective and yesterday I managed a great perspective and there was a ton of joy to be had. Hopefully that perspective will stick around for a few weeks, or atleast the weekend, and then I will be reminded again and again. My goal is to not have to have the reminders as often, but just to make that perspective part of me as a mother. Anyway, I dont' know how I got off on all that, but life is good. and I am committing to all 5 of you who read this that I will work my bum off to make every day fulfilling for me and really good for Mason too. So, here are some pics.
Since Dan is from Alaska, it is part of our culture to do eskimo kisses. (yeah I know Dan is not technically a native, but he was born and raised there so by definition he is native to Alaska and so that makes him an eskimo........right?

Trying oh so hard to cling to that tube as he climbed up. I could barely do it.
Where did we hang out before we had an island. Mason and dad having a man to man.
Since Dan is from Alaska, it is part of our culture to do eskimo kisses. (yeah I know Dan is not technically a native, but he was born and raised there so by definition he is native to Alaska and so that makes him an eskimo........right?
Trying oh so hard to cling to that tube as he climbed up. I could barely do it..jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
Comments