My house that needs you to decorate it

Well, friends, if you are here then you hopefully have some creative juices flowing through you and you can help me do this.  I have a main living space that has a million functions and I love it that way, but I need to figure out how to make it work.  I think you can get an idea of how the room flows with all of these pics.  Help.  Give me any ideas you have.  I love the pics on my walls.  I love bright.  I am not afraid of bright.  I want to use the colors in the pics on the wall.  I like happy and bright but not tacky.  K- go. 
That back wall needs to be a different color than the rest.  WE will be repainting the rest white but I want that wall to be different.  We are thinking gray.  That is also where I want my organization station on the wall.  Probably some magnet/chalk board something and I need storage for kids art supplies so I am wondering about a repurposed dresser or shelf of some sort. oh, and above the cabinets too.  Right now I have flour and corn and popcorn in jars and it's cute but there is no rhyme or reason to it, it is basically just a place holder.  I like everything to have a purpose.  and just want to use the space well.   

My house really doesn't have a living room.  We do everythign in this main room.  It is our family room, office and dining area.  We love it but I am having a hard time decorating it.  We need storage bad.  I need somewhere for the stuff on the desk to go because we have too much but it needs to be nearby.  I am wondering about some sort of cabinet in the corner behind the table to the left.  or on that wall where the mirror is but then we have furniture lining the whole wall.  WE need it but I don't know how to make it look good. OH, and Dan made that pottery on the entertianment center and I love it and want to use it. Just don't know how. 

My favorite piece in this room is the sleeping guy on the couch.  I think it just makes it feel homey.  Other than that, I don't really know what to do.  I need something on the entertainment center and I detest the look of the ottoman but we love it so much.  I want a fun rug but don't know what yet.

The corner in between the couches actually has alot of room.  I am anti putting things somewhere just to have something there, like a lamp or something (we don't need extra lighting) and I am wondering if I could put something like a repurposed cute dresser or something there.  then I could not do one of the other storage cabinets that I need in the other spaces. 

Oh the split entry.  If I could get my hands on the architect who designed this entryway....I need storage (hooks or something, what kind?) and I also need to fill that giant wall with beauty.  What?  A collage of smaller pics, one large pic?

I think I want this to be a picture wall with a variety of frames and some bright colored plaquess with pics on them.  Not sure though.

this is just so you can get an idea of what the whole room looks like.  I also need something on my table, but just one thing.  I have 3 vases and we hated moving them, so just something simple.

Comments

Tiffany said…
Hey Dana! I had a coupe of ideas when I was looking at your room. You could build some big floor to ceiling book shelves on either side of your TV or somewhere in the room. That would give you some storage space with totes, baskets or whatever. You could decorate with pictures and then change things around for the seasons. Also you could get some big storage something that would fit in the corner between your couches for toys or whatever. Just a couple of ideas. i love the color of your walls. Super cute! i also love the idea of a picture wall in the hallway. I would totally do that. GOOD LUCK!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason