Night Time Cuddling



So, yeah, our babies sleep with us for a long time.  Sometimes it makes us crazy, but we love it alot.  Nothing better than having a baby wake up, realize they are right by you, and go right back to sleep.  My babies are 2 and 4 and do a pretty good job of sleeping in their own beds now.  If they wake up and want to come in our bed, we usually let them, but it isn't the norm anymore.  Although it is way nice to have our bed back to ourselves (it's only a queen which makes for some overly snuggly nights with bigger kids), it is also really nice to have them come back.  Both boys have been sick for the last few days and have been sleeping in our bed so we can listen to them breath (icky croup).  I must say, there is nothing better than feeling a 2 year old, chubby, warm hand stroke your face while he looks into your eyes and smiles a ridiculously sweet "I'm all cozy and happy" smile.  That is what happened tonight....and last night...and the night before.  Little Logey, talked and jabbered and listened to me sing until he was ready to fall asleep and then cuddled closer, put his face right by mine and started stroking it just like I sometimes stroke his.  It lasted for a long time, not just a few little rubs.  It literally warmed my heart.  If I could have bottled  and canned the cuteness so it would last, I would have.  But, I can't.  So, I had to run upstairs and write it down before the exact feeling goes away.  I'm so grateful for my sweet, cuddly little boys.  And their cuddly dad, who taught them all they know about it.  

Comments

Peach said…
So sweet! Oh I wish I wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason