I'm so Lucky to have my mom for a mom!!



So, I love my mom! My mom is the best person I know. How many people can really say that? I think about that fact daily. I am lucky enough to have a mom that cooked meals from scratch. I am lucky enough to have a mom that made bread from scrath alot. I am lucky enough to have a mom that let me make little bread boys out of the extra dough. I am lucky enough to have a mom that didn't get frustrated with me when I woke her up all the time at night until I was pretty old. I get frustrated with Mason almost every time he comes into our room in the middle of the night...unless he is sick of course. I always think to myself "how did she do it so kindly?" I am never as kind as she was in the middle of the night. I am lucky enough to have a mom who was home when I got home from school and always wanted to hear about my day. I am lucky enought to have a mom that gave really good advice. When I came home and told her some girls were being mean to me in 5th grade (I was completely distrought and they were being really mean) and she told me to just smile at them and that it would all work out. Now that I am a mom, I understand what she was feeling at the time and for her to not say even a little word about them being brats or anything negative, I am amazed. She just did exactly the right thing. Guess what, I did it, and guess what, I totally felt okay from then on. They didn't stop being mean for a long time, but I was okay. I was lucky enough to have a mom that did preschool for me with some other moms. I am lucky enough to have a mom that apologized to me. I am lucky enough to have a mom who I knew loved me so so so much. I am lucky enough to have a mom that went without alot so that I could have my dumb pair of gap jeans or something so silly. If I wanted it bad enough, she always found a way to get it even if some finagling had to happen. I am lucky enough to have a mom who didn't even make a peep when I got a speeding ticket. I am lucky enough to have a mom who completely trusted me. I am lucky enough to have a mom who tried really hard to do what was right for our family all the time. I am lucky enough to have a mom who sang me to sleep any night I wanted her to. I am lucky enough to have a mom who taught by example that it is possible not to gossip. I am lucky enough to have a mom who still teaches by example that there is joy to be had in any situation. I am lucky enough to have a mom who gave birth to nine children. I am lucky enough to have a mom who is hilarious. She has always made me laugh and still does. I think I have her same sense of humor. I also think about that daily. I love that I feel like I have a little peice of my mom in my personality. I also love that I look just like her at my age. What a lady that mom of mine. How lucky am I? Love you mom!! Happy Birthday and St. Patrick's Day!!

Comments

Elise said…
That was so sweet and I really enjoyed learning more about your mom. When I read the title of your post I though, "I don't know all that much about Dana's mom or what she was like when Dana was growing up." So fun to find out! :) Happy bday Mama Caldwell!
jeff said…
Beautiful Dana. Thanks for taking the time to remind me of what an amazing Mom I got to have. I had forgotten some of the amazing motherly things she did that I didn't appreciate until I was a stressed, worried, busy parent. How she did it with such patience and softness, I'll never understand. Quite a woman. So glad my girls can know her and see what it means to be happy and loving no matter what your situation.
Dana This brings tears to my eyes. The best gift in the world for me would be for one of my daughters (or my little man) to think this highly of me. Such a beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. Here's to all the good mothers of the world!!! They're truly building cathedrals!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason