Logan at almost 4 months and other ramblings.

You can tell these posts just happen when I get a chance. There is no rhyme or reason, just every so often when I realize I haven't documented anything about my kiddos in awhile. Logan is an awesome baby. For the last few weeks he has only been waking once on most nights. Oh what a blessing that is. He is so so smily and fun to play with. He is giggly and sweet and cuddly and cute. He is a little screecher. I think sometimes his screams come as a shock to those around...they are loud and high. He continues to grow at crazy rates. He is 22 lbs. and growing. He brings us so much joy. Mason adores him and is constantly trying to wake him up so he can "play." I find him telling Logan "I love you so much brother" alot. I love that I don't have to tell him to say that, he really feels it.

Mason is a performer. He loves attention. He loves to be on the "stage" having all eyes on him and making people laugh. He has some seriously awesome dance moves and is all about rocking out on the guitar. He shakes his head and just jams. I'm sure it gets annoying to others, but I love his confidence and his desire to make others happy. He is a little joker and loves to be silly, just like his mom and dad. We love this stage. He is a blast.

I love having two kids. It is mentally easier than I expected. It is, however, nearly impossible to keep up with housework. I feel like my house is falling apart and I can't seem to catch up. That is hard. I don't like messes. I am having to learn to be okay with them. I am excited for a smaller house to clean. Yay for a new house that is not so big.

We are getting really excited to start painting the new house. It is our as of late next week. We won't move in for awhile but we will get to go there whenever we want and I will get to start the decor process. Can't wait!

Dan and I have started exercising. Wow, it feels good to get your body strong. Dan plays basketball on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 am (oh my I am so proud of him for that). I have started running in the mornings when the stars align. I have been about 5 times now and I am loving it. Dan and I are going to run a 5K together this summer. I know it's not a big deal, but for us it is.

We are sticking to our New House budget and it is feeling awesome. There is definitely something to be said for the feeling of setting and achieving goals. It is truly and inspired thing and is a very fulfilling way to live life. We are doing wonderfully and are trying really hard to show gratitude constantly for the things we have, especially at this time where so many are struggling. So grateful for a great job, great kids, great home, great family all around us, great friends, great town, great country, great church, healthy minds, healthy bodies, information to learn all around us. Thanks-

Cute Aunt Nat and Logan
Brothers
The outside of the house

Nattie smoochies
He just looks so forlorn here, I love it

Mason wrapped himself up and fell asleep. Love that boy!

Logan adores Mason. Always smiles at him even when Mason is squishing his cheeks...which is usually.
This is what I get to wake up to...can't complain. Love this baby!

Comments

Lisa said…
Wow! That last picture of Logan is just adorable - totally makes you smile! Sounds like a busy life of a mother. What a cute little family you have.
Look at those cheeks! What a cutie! I love the family pictures.
Tiffany said…
Dana! Your two boys are so cute! Don't you just love having GREAT aunts for them! I should be coming down there in the summer starting May 10-July 2, but as of right now there was a mix-up and i don't have anywhere to go. So, we're still working on that. I'll let you know!
Kit said…
Love the new pics!
So excited to see all the decor too...especially on a budget...my fav!