A Wonderful Day at the Park

Yesterday was such a fun day. We took Mason to play at his first park. He loved the swing, as you can see below, but the slide, surprisingly, didn't do a thing for him. He showed no emotion at all. He was definitely tired, so we will have to try again. I am pretty sure Dan and I had more fun pushing Mason on the swing than he did, but oh well. After the swings we walked over to the softball fields and watched a tourney that was going on. Mason fell asleep, so Dan and I just got to hang out and watch. It was so much fun. Then we went to dinner with James and Mel and Elsie(Dan's bro and his wife and their daughter). And to top off the night, we all played a little bit of Dr. Mario. Mason especially loved that. Anyway, I am just grateful for the little things each day that just make life enjoyable. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it seemed like it was.








Comments

The Mattesons said…
He is just sooooo freakin' CUTE!!! I just want to squeeze him! Mom and dad said that he is just such a happy baby and just beautiful. I can't believe that you had to wear a coat yesterday. The boys were at mom and dad's running through the sprinkle and having a water gun fight. We hope we get somewhere close to you all, we love you guys and can't wait to meet Mason!
Kit said…
How fun! We live at parks! Lexi wants to go everyday, and I think that fresh air is the best, so we pretty much do. Trust me you will get so sick and tired of pushing him in the swing in about a year!!

P.S. I LOVE the mom confession post. Honest and hilarious, the two attributes of any great post
Peach said…
He is just so stinkin' cute! And he's very photogenic. How fun!
Mr. Broadhead said…
Dana you are such a cute mom!! We have to get together and catch up! I am going to be in Idaho the whole month of July- are you going to be coming into town at all?
Mr. Broadhead said…
Sorry that was Amy on the last post- not Mr. Broadhead:)
Holly said…
Dana! How awesome! Isn't it THE most rewarding and wonderful thing to spend a day like that? Thank you so much for being the kind of mom who appreciates and loves these sorts of things! Today at story time I overheard one mom talk about how unfulfilled she was staying at home with her kids- with her kid right there. I am so ashamed that I didn't give her a lecture right there. I was so mad. I hate the "I need mental and creative stimulation or I go nuts". Hello? You're a pretty crappy mommy if you haven't figured out that it's ALL mind games and creativity with kids! If you need mental stimulation then start teaching your kids rather than needing to teach OTHER people's kids. That was the real kicker-- this lady was a teacher! Wacko. Anyway, long story just to say Mason and Dan are lucky guys!!
Allie White said…
You should seriously consider entering him in some cutest baby contests. You could make a fortune off this little guy!!! OK, TOTALLY kidding about the last part, but seriously, does it get any cuter than this little man? I think not!! Isn't the park the best!? It's so fun to watch them in these new settings, and see just how darn cute they are in a swing!! Love it!!
Lisa said…
You have to treasure the little things. Otherwise you go bonkers while raising children! :) Such cute pics!