Mommy Confessions
My friend, Holly, did this on her blog and it made me laugh so hard. I haven't been a mommy for that long, but I still have some. I will put Holly's at the end because I thought they were so funny. So, here are some of my confessions.-I nurse my baby to sleep even though my dentist says it is going to rot his teeth out. (I have read up and it is debatable, so as long as it is debatable I am doing it. And no one tell me otherwise in the comments or I will ban you from my blog.)
-I remember telling Dan on a few occasions “Dan, his one-sie isn’t that wet. He’ll survive” –When Dan wanted to change his onesie for the 50th time that day because it was a little wet by his diaper (curse you Parents Choice and White Cloud diapers. Thank you Pampers for reducing my stress and laundry bill.)
-Mason loves to wind down at night to a good tv show that is not educational in any way (American Idol was his favorite.)
-Upon returning home, I have discovered I didn’t buckle his carseat…twice.
-I am pretty sure he ate a good chunk of a piece of mail the other day.
-I read the tag on his bouncy seat the other day, and I have done every single thing they tell you not to on the warning label (well, except for using it as a carseat, come on, who do they think I am)
Now, here are Holly's
:: Our house is not baby-proofed at all. No baby gates (and we have a lot of stairs, some are marble), no safety screen going from the 20 ft drop between our bedroom and the living room, scissors and ammonia in easy to access places.
:: Whitney ate a hand full of Cheetos she found in the sand at the park the other day.
:: She watched all but the last 30 minutes of a PG-13 movie last night.
:: I got home from errands yesterday and discovered she was only partially buckled into her car seat.
:: I'm stubborn and pig-headed and often think I know better than Whitney's pediatrician.Before I was a mom I would have found this kind of thing unfit. Now I see that stuff just happens and you've either got to laugh or you'll puke, in the case of the Cheetos.
-By the way, the baby-proofing is being worked on. I DO have outlet plugs! Chris just installed two baby locks on bathroom cabinets and we've got some ghetto rubber band "locks" in the kitchen. The dishwasher and all it's dangerous peelers and knives will always be accessible though.
Another confession: Whitney's teeth have been accidentally brushed with diaper ointment
So now I want to hear your Mommy Confessions. Obviously, no judgment passed!.
Comments