Pathology from surgery came back...
Dan and I went with Logan to get chemo last week, not knowing that the doc would have a pathology report from everything they took out during the surgery. They took the kidney and a bunch of lymph nodes that were near the affected area. The kidney/tumor (really no kidney was left, just all tumor) was 95 percent dead, which is fantastic. Also, there was no trace of cancer anywhere in any of the lymph nodes. We don't know if that means the cancer never went there or if the chemo killed it, but we don't really care. As of the surgery Logan has no detectable cancer in his body! Yay! We were thrilled. That appt. could have been really bad. We had no idea we would be finding that out and I'm just so grateful it was good news. The docs have all said this is the absolute best case that this could have been. The surgeon today said he did not expect the lymph nodes to be cancer free and that he was so thrilled. The more we go along, the more we see how naive (by choice) we have been to the gravity of the situation. The docs, I'm sure purposely, haven't given us much info on how cases like Logan's typically end up, but now we see they have been quiet for a reason...alot of really crappy news can be revealed every step of the way. We have had the best case scenario every time. At the beginning of this process I felt like I could ask for miracles, so we did, and we just keep getting them. Some may look at the whole picture and think, "yeah, he did the treatment and it cured it. That's how it works." But that's not how it has been at all. Things that weren't supposed to happen happened and continue to happen. From the driver's seat, it is so apparent that the tools God has given us to access the powers of Heaven, do work. I told Logan that his faith, along with the faith of many others, made that chemotherapy more powerful than it should have been. He said, "I just knew God could do it cuz He's awesome." People, the faith of a child is a dang real thing and the sooner you try to get it, the sooner you rock at life. This isn't every faithful person's story. For some, their faith has to be in not being cured. We are so grateful, that, today, ours is the story of having the faith to be healed. Feelings are super tender tonight, but the feelings of love we have for people of all different faiths who have been praying for our son, is overwhelming.. like take my breath away joy and emotion overwhelming. Maybe it's because I see such a stark contrast between the hate and anger that is going on right now. It makes me want to cling to the love I feel all that much more. I'm in the middle of 2 extremes and it is very clear which side I want to be on and, you better believe, I am a going to work a little harder to make sure I stay there.
Boy loves his dad
At Joseph. The kids loved it!
Child sized table? Not necessary.
Totally snaked a cookie off the counter moments before dinner.
Ended up at the play right by family and friends. Nice!
Boy loves his dad
At Joseph. The kids loved it!
Child sized table? Not necessary.
Totally snaked a cookie off the counter moments before dinner.
Ended up at the play right by family and friends. Nice!






Comments