Round 4: Check
Logan had his 4th round of chemo on Tuesday and it has gone way better than the first round with this same set of drugs. He got 2 weeks of a more mild chemo and this is his second round of the heavier doses. He has only puked once so far and it's been more than 48 hours. So, hopefully we are in the clear. He had quite a bit of energy today and we played outside all morning for the last 2 days. I am so happy to see him with more energy than he has had. He has had low grade fevers that were high enough for a cancer kid to get 3 ER trips last week. We are all a little traumatized every time we take his temp now. But, he has been doing better this week. His last trip was Saturday night.
We are doing well and excited for the last day of school tomorrow. Logan is going in to sign year books after lunch and he is pretty excited. We made a short visit to school last Friday during lunch recess and it was really fun to see Logan with all of his friends. Everyone was so excited to see him and that made him feel pretty special...after he got used to it. He was fighting going when we left our house, but afterwards he said he was so glad I forced him...I mean encouraged him...okay, I totally forced him and told him he couldn't play his DS this week if he didn't go :). I just knew he would love it so I had to pull out the big guns. Good thing I know my kid because I think I could have done some serious damage forcing him to go be mauled by a bunch of 1st graders the day after his hair started falling out. Luckily, he loved it and said he wants to go back. So, we are. His hair started falling out on Thursday night, so we shaved fun shapes into his hair and then buzzed it. It did break my mom heart when I asked him how he felt about it coming out and he said, "I really don't want it to fall out", but with a cute sad smile. My heart hadn't really hurt about the hair until that moment. We tried to make buzzing it really fun and he loved it. We shaved some stripes, a Y and some basketballs. We had a large space left and he said he wanted to shave his friend's name into it since "he's been a big help". So, we shaved Tuck into it. Then we buzzed him bald. He looked in the mirror and said he didn't like it, but it didn't seem to bug him much. Dan and I both put on a happy face about that because inside we just wanted to cry. It's just hair and it really isn't a big deal, but I didn't like the way it made me feel. Maybe it reminds me he's sick. I'm not sure, but I felt so sad. I'm good now. He doesn't seem to mind. Here are some pics of the goings on.
Oh, yeah, our adorable, sweet, spunky, fun, ball of energy also turned 4 3 days after Logan was diagnosed. Luckily, we had already had her fairy garden party the weekend before. This doll was a last minute, "shoot, I don't think I have anything that's actually fun" purchase and I'm really glad I got it because she liked the apron, but she Loved the doll.
This is what his port looks like when it's accessed.
I love going through Dan's photos and wondering what they do while I'm gone. I never know what pics I might find.
Mommy/daughter pic. I have very few of these.
Daaaad....
Our tree blew down. Don't worry, within an hour of it blowing down, the neighbors had it down and taken away. We seriously live in the best neighborhood. And, that is my very favorite tree and my heart is broken. Luckily, I have been preparing to take it down because half of it completely died. We were planning on taking it down this summer anyway. So, thank you wind and neighbors. You saved us a Saturday.
Luckily it was bath night because Dan fed this boy waffles and it looks as though he enjoyed them.
Our neighbors have this sweet jungle gym and Jolie could hardly believe she made it to the top with no help. She was scared up there but she did it. That's her buddy.
Logan made it too, but then was tired the rest of the night and ended up in the E.R., but he did it ;)
I'm loving the stage that Mason is in. He is my buddy. He makes me laugh alot. He was so confident in that hat.
He found this and brought it to me in shock. We had a good laugh. I seriously have not idea what that is.
Everyone made something different out of their sammies and it made me smile. A smiley guy with big ears.
A car.
I made the butterfly.
Sleep baby. He has never fallen asleep in his high chair. That will teach him to wake up before 7.
Post chemo, we waited for 5 hours at the clinic and were starving, meal. That's his "so good" face.
Davis has started gagging and coughing into Logan's puke bags. It's hilarious every.single. time.























Comments