Two sweet babies

We found out on Wednesday at our ultrasound that both little twin boys had recently passed away.  It was not quite what we were hoping for, but luckily it was what we were preparing ourselves for.  I delivered them yesterday and Dan and I had a little time with them.  It was harder than we could have prepared ourselves for but pretty sweet too.  We decided to name them after our Dads who we think are pretty great guys.  It just seemed really perfect.  Carter Callis Murphy and Bennett Darrell Murphy have changed us for the better in just a few months.  We are better people because of the prayers we have felt and the service we and our kids have seen over the last few months.  Mason frequently asks who is bringing dinner :) (yes, I am a little embarrassed to admit that, but it also makes me laugh a lot) and comments about how nice each person is to serve us.  We don't feel like we have been denied any blessings because there has been plenty of joy in the middle of all of this.  We are grateful for the peace we have felt the entire time.  We are so grateful we had our two wonderful boys to come home to last night.  I know too many amazingly wonderful women and men that have been in this same situation and have no baby to go home to.  Our hearts are even more tender where those families are concerned.  We want to thank you all for your constant prayers and texts, emails, Facebook messages, dinners, babysitting, being my servants, and all the other things you have done.  We are so grateful for our families who have traveled and taken time out of their busy lives to come help make ours easier.  I'm so grateful for my sisters and sisters-in-law especially.  We are so grateful for those who traveled from Alaska for a vacation this week... just in time to care for our boys when all this happened :).  We are doing well.  Don't worry about us (you can worry a little if you want cuz I sure do like the calls and texts :)) because we know what we need to know to get through this.  Grief and sadness are impossible to avoid, but gratitude is a pretty good medication for it all so it's okay.  So, we are going to carry on feeling whatever emotions come our way.  If we don't look sad enough, it's because we are feeling happy.  If we look too down, it's because we feel a bout of sadness that will hopefully be replaced by peace shortly after.  If we look like we are laughing, it's because laughing feels really good laways.  If you catch us with some tears, just help me clean up my mascara after and don't look at Dan (he won't want you to know).  We love you all and thanks again. Dana and Dan   

Comments

Susanne said…
Tears of sorrow for sure Dana. I am so heart broken. I love you, am still praying for you, and wish so badly I could come by and just give you a big huge hug. You my friend, are an amazing mother. Those little boys are lucky God picked you for them.
Lisa said…
Oh Dana. My heart aches for you. Please let me help you in any way I can with the reunion. You are an amazing woman and your husband is awesome as well. You are in my prayers.
Emily said…
Dana, I am so sorry that this was the outcome. I hope that your heart can heal. Much love,
Emily
Danielle said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's too much. I was praying for your little ones and for peace to be with your little family. I will continue to pray for you and know that I love you!
BJ and Steph said…
Dana, I'm so sad. I love you and your whole family. I'm so sorry that you guys had to go through this devastating loss. My heart aches for you guys. You are all amazing people that I am praying for lots. Love, Steph
Erin L said…
I am sorry for your loss. Your strength and hope amazes me and I hope I can be as strong in my trials. My prayers are with you.
I love you Dana. I am so sorry that this had to be the outcome. I really admire you (always have). You have such faith, gratitude, and a positive perspective. Your husband seems like one of a kind too. I will continue to pray that you feel some angelic little arms wrapped around you bringing comfort at this time.
Thank you for your unfailing example. You're beautiful.
I hope you know that you are incredible. I am so proud of you and how you're handling everything. It is so easy to see that your sweet boys have a great mom to look up to and have as an example. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Lisa said…
I am so, so sorry Dan and Dana! I hope you are feeling a lot of love and peace at this time, as I'm sure you are! Heavenly Father must really need some amazing spirits to fight for truth and righteousness - I can't help but think our boys are fighting pretty hard up there! We love you guys and think of you often! There is a song that you may have heard, but it is amazing - it's by Selah called I will Carry You - look it up on you tube when you want to ball your eyes out!
Hunter Clan said…
Dana, I'm so sorry for your loss. You & your beautiful family are such wonderful examples to me. I surely admire your strength & faith. Our hearts go out to you & we will continue to pray for you. XOXO!!!!
I am soo soo sorry! You truly are amazing. You guys have such a great attitude and are so strong. Such a great example through such a tough trial. Our prayers are with you guys.
Elise said…
Oh, my Dana. My sweet, sweet Dan and Dana. I love you more than words can say and I will call you as soon as I can stop crying. My heart is reaching long-distance tonight - holding some hugs and love for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason