Baby Update

Well, things have changed a lot since my last post.  A week ago, we heard the dreaded words, "It's twin to twin transfusion."  This is when nutrients from one of the twins goes to the other and one baby gets really small.  I had been in 2 weeks before and things were great so we weren't expecting such a dramatic change.  There is a procedure they can to to try to possibly stop this, but the mother can't be having any issues and since I am, we can't do the procedure.  I had always thought that if twin to twin came up, we would have the procedure to go to, so that was a bit of a shock to hear that there is nothing we can do.  So, we wait.  The docs are quite confident that both babies will pass away, but you just can't ever say for sure.  Nothing had changed at our appointment yesterday so we will wait another week and see.
      So, there is a quick update.  We are doing well.  We really are, we promise.  No, we are not bottling it up inside, believe me, we are letting it out :).  We are just beyond grateful that we know that there is someone in charge who has our greater good in his interest.  We know that what happens is what is supposed to happen in order for our family to grow and be who we need to be.  As much as we don't like the direction things are headed, we know we are exactly where we are supposed to be.  There is so much peace in that.  It is amazing how Heavenly Father strengthens us for our trials instead of taking the trials away.  We are so grateful for the two healthy boys we have, who happen to be really awesome and funny and sweet.  We are also grateful for the time we have had with these babies.  We hope for more time, but if that isn't the plan, we know that we won't be denied any joy because of it....it just may be delayed a little.  We are so grateful for all of the prayers.  That is the only explanation for the peace we feel each time something new comes up.  We know there is much more to come and hope we can maintain our faith through it all.  I wish someone who does not know if God exists could be in our current situation for just a day or two, because they would know.  There is no question, and there is no question that the more we rely on him, the more bearable things become. 

Comments

Elise said…
Oh how I pray for you and Dan and those babies everyday. I hope beyond anything for that miracle to occur, but if not I know there will be that peaceful balm awaiting your hearts. I love you more than I can say and I'm so grateful for you friend.
Lisa said…
Love you Dana, you are an amazing mom!! We are praying for your cute family! I wish we could always receive great news and miracles, but sometimes that's not what He has in mind. I'm glad that your faith is strong, and you'll probably be surprised at how much you will change as this trial progesses. Know that we are thinking about you and those sweet babies!!!
Dana, I am so sorry. Thank you for bearing your testimony...It always helps for others to hear that you are not alone in this. One of my very close friends had twin to twin transfusion right after I gave birth to Roscoe (we were pregnant together). One twin survived til about 6 weeks and it was such a hard trial for my sweet friend. She too bears testimony of not being alone thru it all and to this day she feels their little spirits close. When I first saw your news that you were pregnant with twins I called her...She wanted me to make sure that you knew you could call her or email her anytime if you have any questions or need to talk to someone who has been there. I will send you a message with the info.
Been praying for you guys and I will continue.
You are one of my heroes btw.
Love you lots!!
Kristin
k myers said…
Dana-
Wow-how I admire you and thank you for letting us be a part of this very personal time for you. We will keep you in our prayers and hope that you continue to feel peace. We think so much of you and your family and will wait to see what happens. Keep that positive attitude and being such a great example to so many of us :)
Erin L said…
I am so sorry that you are going through this hard time. We'll pray all will be well and hope for the best. Thank you for your example of faith.
Lisa said…
You are amazing. I seriously admire you and your faith. If you ever need anything, let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason