Baby Update

So, we had an appointment yesterday and had another ultrasound.  I have to start by saying that in the first ultrasound the technician searched for so long for a membrane separating the babies and couldn't find one.  This would have meant me being hospitalized at 24 weeks until delivery and some guaranteed NICU time for the babies.  Needless to say, we were praying really hard that we would find a membrane.  Dan kept joking that they were going to build a wall during the week.  Well, as soon as the babies popped up on the screen yesterday, there was a visible membrane between them.  Hallelujah.  Lots of gasping and feelings of relief as we realized how much better our circumstances got at that moment.  So, one hurdle down, a million more to go :).  Every time there is a lot of bleeding, we of course worry that we are on the miscarriage road, so it was really nice to see heartbeats right away.  Those babies are growing and healthy and just doing so well.  It is just my body that needs to fix things up and we will be okay.  So, for now, we wait.  There is nothing we can do.  They even said strict bed rest is not necessary because my body is going to do what it's going to do.  So, I just take it easy but can do things for my kids and don't need someone with me all the time.  That is a huge relief.  My sis-in-law came and just totally took over as mom.  It was so nice to not have to worry when I was having lots of issues.  The kids absolutely loved having her....I feel like she was quite ready to go home to her non- toddler children :).  I miss being mom and house cleaner.  I didn't realize how much a part of me that was.  The motherhood part I knew was a big part of me, but I so appreciate the ability to be able to clean my house and stuff.  I hope I never take that for granted again. 

So, these babies are identical and if they can make it a few more weeks we will just be that much better off.  The longer they go, the better the chances, so we are just hopeful that the next ultrasound will be a good one.  We are praying that we end up being the loudest bench at church.  We are praying that in a few months we don't get any sleep at night.  We are praying that in a few months our house is a disaster and when Dan comes home from work I'm crying.  We are praying that in a few months I will spend 95 percent of the day feeding babies and going nearly crazy because of it.  We are praying that we have to do 2 PKUs and change a million diapers and outfits.  Yep, that all sounds good to me.

Thank you all for your thoughts and messages.  We feel so well taken care of, it almost doesn't seem right.  And let me just say, the Relief Society is not for sissies.  It is serious business and Dang, it works beautifully.  We will keep you posted.   

Comments

Elise said…
Oh, Dana that made me so happy that I just cried tears of joy for you guys. I hope and pray with all my heart that everything goes the very, very best it possibly can. Your last paragraph was the most beautiful thing and it just makes me cry to think of it. Oh I'm so glad I know you.
I needed some good news today. :) Really needed someone to have good news today. I'm so glad it was you. No one could deserve it more!
Keep praying for that I'll be able to move forward, too. :) Love you.
k myers said…
Yeah! That is such good, happy news! I am so glad that like you said, one hurdle is down. I am sure there will be more, but you guys can TOTALLY do it! I am so excited to know the gender-they will be darling no matter what, I just seriously cannot imagine twins-this is so exciting. Thanks for the updates, can't wait for more:)
Susanne said…
Praying for all of those things, and much much more Dana. I love you, and know how hard it is to wait and wonder about your children. Your heart is big, and has well enough room for two more.
Holly said…
What a great blessing! I am so happy for this update and so excited for your family. Faith can move mountains, build membranes, and get your babies here safely! We are adding our faith to yours and praying for you all! Lots of love!
Stephers said…
Such GREAT NEWS!!! Keeping the prayers coming! Have been telling Drew that Ms. Dana is having (2) babies.. he is excited for you!! Me too :) ALways wanted twins!!