Our New Adventure

Well, it has been emotional to say the least, at the little Murphy household, and probably all around the households of friends and family of the Murphy household.  It all starts in October.  In October I was 10 weeks along and had a miscarriage.  We had been hoping for a baby for awhile and it was sad to  think of starting again.  So, obviously, we were very sad and dissapointed, but know this is something most women experience during their child bearing years so we were okay with it.  Fast forward to Wednesday, March 28.  I am 12 weeks pregnant.  I have horrible stomach pain most of the day and based on other circumstances am 100 % sure I have started the process of miscarrying again.  The midwives agree that I am most likely miscarrying and I decide to just stay home and take care of it.  So much sadness.  Wondering what is wrong and planning to move forward with the tests to see what is happening.  We decide I need to go see the midwife in the morning to just make sure I am okay because my abdomen was really sore.  We get to the midwife's office and chat about what will happen for awhile.  Before we go any further she checks to see if there is a heartbeat.  Immediately she says we have a heartbeat.  I assumed it was my own and she told me it was the baby's.  I am completely overcome with emotion.  Dan sits there in shock.  Then of course, the wonder of why I am bleeding so much if I have a baby.  My midwife set up an appt. for an ultrasound for the next hour.  The ultrasound tech was the sweetest, most wonderful, happy woman ever.  I was feeling very nervous and emotional and she was just what I needed.  She pulled up that sweet little baby on the screen and we were both feeling quite emotional and happy and excited and in love.  After checkin the little one out for awhile, she slowly moved over to the other one.  YES!!  You read it, the other one.  2 babies quickly popped into view and our hearts melted double, and of course, more sobbing from me.  I wasn't looking at Dan much, but I feel quite confident that there may have been some teary-ness going on behind me too.  I cannot confirm that however. 

So, we quickly discovered that the bleeding was from the large amount of blood in the uterus.  It is pulling the baby's amniotic sac away from the uterine wall.  This is obviously concerning and the reason I am allowed to walk around a bit and that's about all.  The ultrasound tech, a twin herself, couldn't stop tearing up either.  We just checked out our babies as they played together.  She was not able to find a separation between the two, which means they are likely in the same sac.  This is not ideal at all.  This will provide a whole new set of concerns so we are really hoping we see one at the next ultrasound.  Right now, we are just dealing with the concern at hand.  So, there is a chance we could lose 1 baby, 2 babies, or keep them both....we are going for the latter option :).  We love these babies and really want them to make it here.  So, please pray for the Murphy family.  We hope this will be a long journey for us.  We know that whoever is meant to be on earth with us will be....we just really hope it is these 2 little babies.  So, that is our story right now.  We just get to wait it out and see if my body resolves this problem, which I happen to believe it will because it's been a pretty good body to me :).  We will keep you all posted on this blog so I don't have to call everyone when there is some new info.  Thank you all for your prayers so far, and the prayers to come (they better keep coming!).  We can't believe how helpful everyone is and how willing to serve.  I have 2 sisters-in-law coming next week to do everything for me and my kids since I can't.  You want a slice of humility....be forced to sit and let other ladies come into your wreck of a home and bring you dinner and watch your kids.  Yep, it's pretty much working like it's suppposed to I think.  I feel sufficiently like all of the "good" I have done is quickly going to be passed up and I will forever be in debt to most of the people in my life.  My husband is the best thing ever and is making me look bad really.  He is truly wonder woman....and I'm pretty sure he would take that as a compliment right now.  He has to do every single little thing, and he is.  I'm grateful he wants these babies as bad as I do because he is totally willing.  I do however, think he almost cried when I told him Suzie (my bro's wife) would be coming on Monday morning.  I think he knows how good women are at helping things run and he felt some serious relief.  Anyway, I will keep you posted.  We love you all!!!  


Comments

Oh Dana! I read that and went thru too many emotions to write. Seriously. I am in shock (I'm sure you are too). Twins! Oh goodness! That just makes me giddy for you. I will be praying with all my might (seriously every night) that both your babes will be healthy and be able to experience planet Earth in your great home. I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage in October.
Take Care and keep us posted.
k myers said…
Wow Dana! I am so glad I got on FB tonight and came here to read about your babies. Twins! That is amazing! I cannot even imagine what you are going through. So many emotions. Thank you for letting us know what is going on and we will definitely keep you in our prayers. There are so many things that we don't have control of, but loving each other and graciously letting other people help us, we can control. Good luck with EVERYTHING! You and Dan are both "super woman" so I am looking forward to a very happy, healthy outcome for you all:) I will def be following for updates...
Wow! You are amazing and you really deserve every happiness and blessing there is. You and your family are in our prayers.
Elise said…
Oh, my sweet Dana! I wish so badly I was there to be one of those people to help take care of you and your boys!!!! I will most definitely be praying for you, Dan, and those little babies every day. I just love you so much and I hope with all my heart that those sweet babies will be blessed enough to have a life in your tender home. Oh twins!!! Wow!!!
Please, please, please call me if you ever need to chat, to cry, or to laugh. :) I am happy and more than willing. You have always been there, again and again for me, and I want to be there for you, too.
Thanks for this morning. It felt so good. I'm just so glad I have you in my life, ole roomy. :) LOVE YOU!!!!!
The Long Family said…
Dana (and family)
Suh wonderful news! Well my family will keep all of you in our prayers! Good luck and accept all the help you need!
Dana, what a ride life is giving you and your family right now. David and I are so happy to hear your news, and we are praying your two little ones make it safely to your amazing family! I will be following your blog closely, and hope all goes well.
Dana!! Thank you for sharing this, I am sure it was very hard. You are amazing and always have been! It sounds like Dan is pretty amazing too! I love you so much and will be praying for you and your sweet, cute family
!!
Tiffany said…
Dana,
I am so glad that things are looking better for you! I can't believe TWINS!!!! That's amazing! I hope everything turns around and that you have the loudest bench in church. Please let me know if you need anything!

TIFF

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason