How could my baby be 2?
Yes, it's true. You didn't read that wrong, my little Logan is 2. The baby of my family is a big boy! And he can do every single thing by himself :). He "can" pour milk by himself, get dressed by himself, carry very heavy things by himself, make his own lunches, make cookies. I know, it's amazing. Okay, so maybe his confidence is a little higher than it should be, but I am really hoping this means he will be a confident/independent little boy...eventually. As for now, he is constantly saying "I do it" but he is also constantly saying, "hode ju me" (hold you me, of course), so, I think I have him for a little while longer. He really does want to be held all day long. I haven't worn him in awhile because he is really big and my arthritis was really bugging me (yes, I am an 80 year old woman and have arthritis in my back. It actually goes really well with my gray hair, so I'm cool with it). The other day I wore him in the grocery store because he had been wanting to be held and I knew I would just end up holding him with no carrier, so I just started with one. He lasted the whole trip. He just kept snuggling his face in my shoulder and saying "mmm mmmm mmm". "Snuggler" doesn't do this boy justice. He is a step up from that, whatever that is. Dan and I are so grateful for snuggly boys because we don't happen to mind it either. Anyway, Logan is so much fun! He talks like a champ. We can understand almost everything he says, which is so wonderful. He is full of sass, this boy. So full of sass, but also such a little sweetie. If he makes Mason cry he immediately goes over and starts trying to make him laugh and kiss him. He seriously can make Mason feel better every time he is sad. It's actually really nice. I just send him over and he takes care of it within minutes. Logan, as I type this, you just threw your sippy at Mason and hurt him. You are now kissing him and laughing and giving him a tackle hug....and he is now laughing. He is into much more mature things than Mason was at this age (obviously due to the fact that we have Mason). He loves the small legos and does pretty well with them. He loves superheroes and runs from the living room to the kitchen doing flying noises and putting his arms behind him like a cape about 70 percent of the day. Dan and I made superhero capes for them for Christmas (yes, I sewed and they are so freakin awesome) and I am pretty sure they are going to be the hit of Christmas for these two little super boys. He loves to wrestle and play crazy. He loves to ride his bike so so much. He loves to climb. Loves to help me make food. Loves to take baths. Loves the pool, we recently discovered. He LOVES the giant slide at the rec center near us. He goes about 10 times every time we go and would go ten more if we would let him. Yikes, an adventurous one. Not sure I will know what to do with him, but hopefully he will get me and Mason out of our comfort zones. Oh, Logey, as you introduce yourself to everyone, you are so great. You are such a joy to all of us. Daily, Mason tells you how cute you are and he just wants to hug and kiss you all day. You two are best friends. Please stay that way. You are a leader, little boy. You are okay to play alone when others are playing in groups. You are confident to tell others you don't like what they are doing. You just do what you want to do and if others follow, that's great. You are hilarious!! Every single day you are making us laugh hysterically, sometimes on purpose and sometimes just because you are silly. Your favorite word is "tootie". You end every joke in it and you always get a laugh from Mason. We really need to get you some new material. Oh, sweet baby, please take this confident, leader personality and do good things with it. We love you so much little Logey!! PS- I promise, wearing pants isn't that bad.




Comments
Happy Birthday to Logan!! How in the world did our babies grow up on us!!???