Mas is 4!
Mason Murphy, you sweet little thing you! 3 was awesome and I can't wait for 4. I feel like 3 was a hard year for us. Not hard like it is hard with a really hard kid, but hard for you. It was probably about what my easiest years with Logan will be :). I think you just realized you can say no. It made me really frustrated, but I had to keep reminding myself that the qualities that make me crazy right now will be the qualities I am thanking Heaven for when you are older and in school. I don't want to break you of those qualities but they can be tricky sometimes just so you know. You will NOT do something you don't want to do. You just won't. You are a people pleaser so you will sometimes hide sadness or grouchiness to make sure that no one thinks badly of you, BUT, when you don't feel comfortable doing something, you don't care what it takes to get you the heck outta there. Your primary teachers tell me the same thing. You really didn't want to do the primary program and the only thing that got you up there was a prayer to help you be brave like Nephi. I was amazed at your faith that day. You are spiritually minded. We teach you the gospel, but it is way more than that. It is just part of you. You love Heavenly Father, you love Jesus and you love the Spirit. You tell us this regularly. You are just sweet and tender and all those things that I am supposed to be trying to become. Dont' get me wrong, you like to tease Logan and be naughty sometimes, but you just have a sweetness to you that draws people in and makes them want to pinch your red little cheeks (which you just recently told me you don't like and I wanted to cry so hard because I just want you to feel 100% confident in your awesome little self). You are suddenly mine and dad's little buddy, so adult like. Just yesterday, dad came and laid on all of us while we were reading a story and you said, "seriously dad?" with the funniest little expression and we all laughed our guts out. Today I told you that I wanted you to know that we really tried hard to make your birthday special and you said, "I know, and I really loved it." My heart instantly melted because of the sincerity behind your words. You love TV. YOu love Spiderman and Iron Man. You are very into superheroes right now and you have brought Logan right along with you. He is not yet two and loves iron man and pretends to be iron man because he just wants to do what you do. You love exploring outside. You love to perform songs and make up new dance moves. You love Legos. You love sports. That is what you would do all day if mommy had the stamina to pitch or toss the ball to you all day. You love your fireman rainboots. You love treats. Your favorite is probably ice cream with lollipops as a 2nd runner up. You love to help me cook or wash dishes. YOu are wonderful. YOu bring us so much joy. I think you know you do and you keep trying really hard to make us proud every day. WE are proud. We love you so much.


Comments
By the way - I was thinking of you today. I'm finishing up reading Little Women and I always think of you and Little Women, because that one time we watched it all together and you said that you and your sisters were like that and that you were just like Amy. lol, we were all surprised and had a hard time picturing you as Amy. Funny, random memory. Love ya Roomie!!! :)