To The Father of My Children


So, It's Father's Day tomorrow. Dan and I have been so busy with both houses that we have hardly seen each other in weeks and won't for the next week. I let him sleep in this morning and that is all he is getting. I feel lame, but I know he doesn't care. Dan and I have rarely been apart since we started dating and have always been spoiled with lots of time together. Even when he was in school and working and I was working we got to see alot of each other. I miss him. I am homesick for him every night while he is working at the other house and I am putting kiddos to bed. Mason says, "mommy, I miss my daddy," about 5 times a day, then we hug and I say "I miss dad too and we will see him more soon." To end the moment Mason gets his sad pouty lip and says "uh huh" and we move on. I'm pretty sure Logan misses him too because the moment he walks in Logan is all smiles and kicks his legs. Logan really does the smiling part when anyone walks in, but the leg kicking is just for daddy. I have just been so aware of how much I love my kids' daddy lately. I love how he parents, I love how he loves, I loves that my boys miss him like crazy when he is gone, I love that I miss him like crazy when he is gone. Most of all, I love that I know that my little Mason loves his dad so much and really misses him every minute he is gone. I don't think it is easy to get that from a 2 year old. I think you really have to work hard to make a 2 year old think about you and miss you during the day. "Out of Sight, out of mind" does not exist with daddy. Dan is doing it right as a dad. He tries so hard to do it right as a parent and I think he is doing a fantastic job. It is not our anniversary, so I will keep the rest of the mushy stuff out. It is Father's Day and this is my tribute to the Father of my kids. Dan, you are succeeding beautifully as a dad and that isn't easy. Thank you for providing so nicely for us and for setting such a wonderful example of how a man can be a great provider but also a really sweet, nice daddy and hubby. I love you babe!!
*I have to add that Mason just woke in his sleep and started whimpering and said, "dad" and then fell back asleep. I had to go give him a kiss. I couldn't help it.
Comments
Think I better go cuddle with the hubby now and get off the stinkin computer.
OH and I really do want to come see your house as soon as things calm down a bit.