Logan revealed!








Sorry it took so long to get pics up. We were trying really hard to get home last night and we had so much last minute stuff to do to get out of the hospital. We made it out though and were so grateful we did. We got to spend our first night together cozy in our own bed and hanging out with Mason.

So, for those who care, I will give a quick rundown of the birth story. Saturday night I started to feel contractions that were a little more intense than your every day Braxton Hicks, so I started to wonder. I didn't sleep that well and wondered if we were close. We went to church on Sunday and I had a few of the same type, but they were so far spaced that I didn't think anything of it. After church I started feeling them a little more frequently but still just assumed I still had a few days of this. About 7 that night I am pretty sure my water broke (not completely, but enough to wonder if my water broke) and contractions started to be a bit more intense and closer together after that. From that point on I decided I was in labor and buckled down for a night of fun. I was able to labor at home until about 2:45. At that point contractions were about 4-5 minutes apart, which is further apart than I planned on them being when I left for the hospital, but my body (and my husband) were saying it was time to go. We hopped in the car and took a very uncomfortable drive to the hospital. They really picked up in the car and as we walked into the hospital. Dan filled out some paperwork while I had 2 contractions in the hallway completely embarrassed because I could not help from making lots of weird noises. We got into the room and the nurse told me I was at an 8 and completely effaced. That was the news I had hoped for. From that point on it was really intense contractions and suddenly I felt like I had no choice but to push. The nurse started getting a little nervous since she was all alone in the room with us. The on call midwife came in about then, pulled on some gloves and I told her I had no choice but to push. She checked me and gave me the go ahead. 4 contractions later, Logan Tanner Murphy graced us with his ginormous presence. I had an idea he was going to be big, but not quite that big. So, I was able to have the birth that I had hoped for which felt awesome because I am sort of a quitter. I usually just quit things that I am not good at or that are really hard, but I proved to myself that I could keep going even when I thought I couldn't do it....and we shall see if I try to prove that to myself next time:). I feel great, baby seems to feel great, Dan is amazing and taking such good care of me and Mason is loving his little bro. My three boys are sleeping right now and I am going to go join them. Thanks again to everyone for your congrats and support.

Comments

Kathryn said…
Of course while we are in Canada is when all this happens!!! Lol he's a cutie! High five on giving birth to a big baby! Danno and Mason you guys are awesome taking care of Dana and Logan! Congrats!!! We miss you guys!
Kit said…
Dana! Loved reading that! Can't believe you were at an 8 when you got to the hospital! You did awesome. Very Proud. And that Logan is so cute. Really. You guys make some darling boys!!
Elise said…
Way to go!!!! That is amazing! I'm so glad that everything went so well! I can't believe only four contractions of pushing! Way to go girl and baby! :) We're so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet Logan sometime when we're around again next year!
Stacy said…
Dana! Congrats! He is beautiful! Good job on the labor! That's awesome you could go that long. I am so happy for you and you little family! Are you going to be in Pocatello at all during Christmas? If so I would love to see you.
Danny said…
He's adorable! congrats Can't wait to see him. We definitely need to get these guys together to play.
I am so excited for you guys! What a beautiful family! I know that you are an amazing mom and I love that everything went well. Hope you get some sleep. Enjoy the new addition. Congrats!!!!
Congrats!!! He is beautiful!! Wow!! You are a champ 9 12!! Glad you are home and all is well!
Laura Lyden said…
He is beautiful! Congratulations!!
k myers said…
He is one cute, big baby!!! Wow, Dana, props to you and YAY for not having a bad labor! I am so jealous that everything went so well, and maybe #2 is the charm...I'll keep that as a goal when we get ready to be pregnant again:) I/we are SO happy for you guys and now you have used both our cute boy names, I guess Hailee will just have a husband with brothers that have the same names as her own...sigh...I guess only time will tell;) Anyway, I am so glad everything is great! We will have to chat soon!!! Congrats!
YEAH!!!! I am so glad you posted your story! I am amazed your little body delivered that big of a baby!!! wow! you are amazing! I can't believe that you call yourself a quitter- that is like that last thing I would think of when I think of you! I am so glad everything went good and your baby is soooooo precious! We should try and get together around christmas time if you are in Pocatello. Love you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason