Presents for Mason

I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for best gifts for a 2 year old boy. We don't buy toys very often so I always want them to be really good. What are the best toys out there. I am thinking a play kitchen? Play food? I just want to know if there is anything that Mason should not be going without. K- please help.

Comments

The Ericksons said…
A play kitchen is a great idea. They have a great one at Target. Also a tent is really fun. Ikea has some for 9.99. Paige has loved hers!
tawnya said…
IKEA! We love the train set from there (so much cheaper than thomas and the Melissa and doug pieces fit it as well). Also, IKEA just marked down their easel which is LOVELY - paper, chalk board. Sammy loves his play dishes as well.
nattiejo said…
a very special sweet aunt nattie that comes over and eats dinner with him and watches nemo with him. thats the best present any kid could have. :)
Hudson has a play grocery cart that he is obsessed with. Also someone mentioned the Ikea easel, we have that and he uses it all the time.
Kim :) said…
I have to say that we did the whole play kitchen thing after we saw how much fun the boys had with one at a friend's house. However, once we got it, it was only used for jumping off of, or not at all. Once we took it to grandma's house, then it got used a lot more. A cart or stroller is something the boys have all loved.... they love pushing stuff around in them. Train sets are good, and I agree there are some nice ones for half the price of the Thomas sets. I'll have to think of the other fun stuff that actually got used..... hmmm.... I'll get back to you with more.
tawnya said…
Oh, yes. Something to push around. Ikea (I know...they should pay me to advertise; sorry, you just can't beat their durability and price!) has a great sturdy cart that I'm sad wasn't around when Sammy was a little smaller...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40060836
Elise said…
If you decide to go with a food theme, there are these pretend foods that you can "cut" - you've probably seen them before, but just in case you haven't - they are in multiple pieces and have velcro on them so you can pretend to cut them or just pull them apart and put them back together. Kiddos at up-to-3 loved them. They were always a big hit.
Kathryn said…
My boys love the BALL PIT we got when we moved here. They are inflatable which is nice for moving and if it gets a whole you can just patch it up. There are so many different kinds with slides, holes you can crawl in, slides for rolling the balls, "tree houses", but we just got a simple one with "basketball hoops". We bought an extra bag of 100 balls and the boys could be in there all day. (Add a some blankets or pillows for padding under it and it really is fun to jump in).

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!