28 Weeks
I haven't put prego pics up in awhile. Here I am yesterday at about 28 and 1/2 weeks. I am feeling good. Way less sleepy and just more energized...thank you nesting stage. I am getting very anxious for this one. I am really enjoying that Mason sleeps 11 hours straight through the night and can do most things with very little help, but I am still just dying to have this little one come already. I feel like I have had a great break with Mason now that he is at a pretty easy stage and am ready for a new challenge. Mason is getting to the point where he just wants someone to play with and it is hard to get on the floor and really play. I am very ready for him to have a little bro to keep him company. I am so grateful for my little growing family and feel very blessed to be a mom and wife and to live where I live. I went to a women's conference yesterday and heard some really great things. I just want to share one thing we talked about that really got me. Elder Hillam (ameritus general authority) and his wife (our stake relief society president) talked and Sister Hillam made a very good point about motherhood. She did a slide show with the first slide being a picture of Christ with a bunch of His attributes written below. The next slide was a beautiful picture of a mom holding a new baby and underneath were the same attributes. She talked about how those same attributes are required of a mother and that motherhood is the way women are able to gain the attributes of Christ. It was a really cool perspective and just made me realize that I really need to let motherhood run its course in making me a better person. She also talked about making sure to put in you full time work if you want to earn your full time benefits...no "sleeping" on the job. It was a great refresher course on the purpose of motherhood and just have me a little boost so I wanted to share with all the really amazing moms that I know who read this blog.
Comments
WHere did you get that dress? I have been looking for a long one like that.
Love the comparison of Christ and motherhood. I heard a talk at EFY when I was 17 that was pretty similar and compared labor and delivery to christ and the atonement. It was so good and has always stuck with me.
Nana