10 Things Mason won't be caught dead doing in 10 years

So, I really try and enjoy the stage Mason is at because I know it won't last long. Today I was thinking about all the things I love about him that are inevitably going to stop at some point..I got sad. Not too sad because I know that other great things will replace them, but I just want to note some that I love that I know are not going to stick around for much longer. Some of these things are just awesome all the time, but many of them are things that sometimes get frustrating, but when I really stop and think about them, my heart melts and I feel so ridiculous for not enjoying every minute of them. The ride I am on right now, motherhood, is THE most important thing I will ever do and the time when I think there is the most joy to be had...I better work harder than I ever have at anything else.

1. He will drop anything to come help me do laundry or cook something

2. He lets me rock him to sleep every night

3. He cries for me in the night and will only be comforted by some cuddling

4. He would rather play with me and help me than watch TV

5. He loves to help me put on makeup...and likes to give it a shot on his own face too

6. He will plant a big smooch on me in public at any moment

7. He thinks I am hilarious

8. periodically throughout the day he just wants to be held and will just lie on my shoulder and pat my back (it is usually when I am in really busy and in the middle of something but it is a great reminder that he needs my attention more)

9. One of his favorite games is to give me hugs in the mirror, over and over and he loves family hugs so much

10. He gets so excited to see me after I have been gone, even for just a few minutes.
This day in particular he wanted to be held and help me all day long, sohe helped me cook all day and for ahile I threw him in a wrap and he just was attached to me for like 45 minutes. 2 scroungy looking people.....I consider this one of our best days lately.

Well, he is wanting to be held now....so I better go so I am not a hypocrite.

Comments

Jenny said…
I am thinking a lot about that with Brin lately. She is talking, singing, practically climbing out of the playpen, just getting older in general. Some of those on the list I wish Brinley would do (kiss, rock to sleep) with us now and when she was younger. As I have come to find out I love each stage they enter into as a baby/toddler. Definitely an important task we as mothers have to raise our future generation with a love of the gospel, love of those around them, and a love for themselves. Love and miss you guys.
Stacy said…
I loved this post! Motherhood is so amazing. It's so true what you said how sometimes the things they do can be annoying at times, but those are the things that we will miss, and they will soon grow out of. I have to remind myself to just stop and enjoy every moment I have. Even if my house is a mess. Both of my kids are cuddlers too! I love it!
Anonymous said…
I can not wait to hug the stuffing out of him, and cover him in kisses. July will not come soon enough!!
Love, BIG MUCH
Nana
Kit said…
I LOVED this post. You are one of those people that I know are SUCH a great mom. I love you. Love that picture. I am sooo glad to hear of another mom that rocks her boy to sleep every night. Roscoe is almost two and still wakes up for me. AUUGHH! I know one day I will miss it though.
Thanks for the recipe info!
Peach said…
Love this post.
Kit said…
Yes, I painted a couple of my walls a blue/green color.
I love them, and am itching to paint some more.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason