Sleepy Sunday Boy

So, I don't know what it is about Sunday morning, but Mason cannot get up. On a normal day he wakes up at 7ish usually and I pull him in bed with me and then we sleep more (but he would wake up then if I let him.) I think he just knows I will be boring if we wake up so he is willing to sleep some more. This is every single day, except Sunday. On Sunday he sleeps until we wake him up and then he is so so hard to wake up. I hope it isn't really already starting to be hard to get him up for church. I think he knows what he is in for. Here is this morning.
Initial Wake-up (turns to his tummy to ignore me)
Second try (goes into fetal position in the hopes I will see how tired he is and leave)

Realizes I mean business and tries to open his eyes Does his big stretch and still can't open his eyes for many more minutes.

Wakes up and starts jabbering about all the things he dreamed about. He always has the best stories...if only we could understand them.

Comments

Becky said…
So cute Dana. I would do the exact same thing he did if you were trying to wake me up. He is so dang cute. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I will talk to ya soon.
The Mattesons said…
What a cutie he is! We go through the same thing, especially when it is 9am church. Any day of the week, it's 7am, but come Sunday that's a whole nother story. And once again, he's just so dang cute!
nattiejo said…
oh goodness i love these pics. my lil guy! i miss you guys. what is it about sunday? happens to me too. its hard to comment on this cuz i always tell you my comments when we talk at lunch. hm.
k myers said…
He is so darling! I can't believe he is getting so big and I know I always say it, but I LOVE the curls! Sunday mornings seem to always be a challenge, but maybe it is just a stage? Hopefully it doesn't last till he's 18....
The Ericksons said…
Hey! Thanks for your blog info. I sent you an invite. Seriously, your boy is so cute! Those eyes! That is funny about the sleeping, Paige is like that too. I usually have to wake her up on Sundays and then she HATES taking a nap after church because its like she is so wired. It is weird! She will not go back to bed with me. I have tried many times and she just crawls all over me and gets in my face.
Kathryn said…
I have to say your narration is so perfect to go along with the pictures. Makes me laugh so hard. Its like I'm there. Love and miss you guys!
Duane and April said…
I love these pictures! You've got one handsome boy!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason