Job Hunting and Rolling....that's what we do around here

I will just do a little update on the goings-on at the Murphy household these days. We are, of course, still hunting for the perfect job.....or a good job....well, just a job really. Dan has had some interviews, but judging from most people we know in our position, apparently there is a rule that you have to interview for 25 jobs before you actually get one. I think that is just standard "patience 101" that you must complete as your exit exam from college. We are trying to be patient and just enjoy life right now. Mason is enjoying life more than ever because he has discovered that he can cover an entire room in seconds by just rolling. I always put Mason to sleep at night, but last night I could not keep my eyes open and he just wouldn't fall asleep, so Dan said he would hang out with him until he got sleepy enough and then he would wake me to feed Mason and put him down. Well, about 3 am I woke up suddenly frantic that something had happened because Mason never goes to bed without me. I ran into the office where I had left Dan and Mason to find them both asleep next to each other on the floor. Apparently Dan just let Mason roll anywhere he wanted and just lied on the floor with him for like 2 hours. Eventually he just rolled himself to sleep. It was so darn cute to just see them right next to each other asleep on the floor. Anyway, so Dan put him in his crib and he stayed until 6 am. That does not happen in this house. I got 8 straight hours of sleep for the first time since Mason was born and it was pretty dreamy. So, that is pretty much what we are up to. Mason rolls, Dan job hunts, and I enjoy them both. So, there ya go. I am also posting pics of our trip to the pool today. There are no pics to prove it, but Dan made me go off the high diving board (not actually very high). I actually climbed up and then had to go back down once. Finally I asked a like 7 year old little boy if it was scary and he said, "No, I'll do it". He ran up and jumped off and then got out and tried to encourage me. He was so cute. Finally I went up and had the hardest time letting go of the rails to go out over the water. I kept telling Dan I couldn't let go of the rails and was just a total spaz. Everyone around was encouraging me to do it and the lifeguard was smurking too. All of the little kids behind me and in line for the other board were cheering me on...and finally, I did it. It was pretty hilarious, thanks Dan for helping me face my fear.


Today at the Pool with Dad and Mom



Mason looking through all of my nursing brochures. He showed great interest in them all.Mason's surprised/excited face. He does it all the time just to entertain us.
Peek-A-Boo





Comments

Mandy said…
So darn cute! I wish I could be there to see roly poly Mason. I'm proud of you, Dana,
for facing your fears! Good luck with everything you two. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that Heavenly Father's hand is in everything, but we may not see it until after the fact. Love ya
Lisa said…
I can't believe how big Mason is getting! He is adorable - his funny face is so cute! I'm so glad to see your blog, we miss everyone in the ward! We need to get together sometime soon.
Dana,

I don't think I knew you had a blog. My life just got so much better:) I just love you. I would love you more if you would call me back and we can chat! Tell Dan the Man, good luck with the job hunt...it BLOWS!!
Mason makes me want a boy so badly! He is adorable. Things are going to work out, its just amazing that the Lord can do more with our lives than we can....however we plan. Well, you have a great family, we are so grateful to know you!
Holly said…
Dana! These photos of Mason are SO adorable. I absolutely love him. Isn't that first time sleeping through the night BLISS? You wake up feeling like an actual human again! Oh it's great. And I feel for you guys with the job searching- it is the WORST. Something will work out soon though. You guys are awesome and have so much faith- and it's those kind of people miracles happen to! Love you!
Laura Lyden said…
Mason is cute as always!
Looking for jobs is so frustrating! It seems like Matt looked forever before he found one! Maybe you can find one in Birmingham Alabama and come live by me! That sounds like a plan- Let me know !! Love you!
J.M. and Tresha said…
I love it! Thanks for sharing all those cute pictures of your little family. The fake sneezing is great!
Tresha

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason