Child Development Blog

So, I have been telling Dan for awhile now that I want to do a child/family development Blog to keep up on my stuff that I was doing at work and so I feel like I am using my brain. I figured that since pretty much everyone who looks at this blog is a mommy, I am going to make one and if no one looks at it, atleast I will share my skills with Allie because I know she will read them. I actually think I am going to do it for the Releif Society Pursuit of Excellence thing. Anyway, I am going to put up developmentally appropriate (and fun too) ideas for kids from 0-5. I also teach Love and Logic classes, so I am going to put up some parenting tips that really work. I am pretty excited about it because I love to share what I know, especially because it really can improve family life and your child's development. It will be coming soon, so just stay tuned if you want some fun and hopefully helpful ideas. Let me know topics of interest so I can get thinking. I would love any suggestions for what parents need help with. I am by no means an expert, but I sure have learned alot over the course of my nanny days, school, teaching Love and Logic, and working at Head Start. I figure it's not doing me much good keeping it to myself. It is also really great to share ideas and to report back on what works and doesn't work. The link is Mommy's little helpers on my fave links list.

Comments

The Mattesons said…
Dana, you are awesome! Okay, I will give you your first challenge...VEGETABLES and fruit!!! My kids like their handful of veggies and fruit (frozen corn, bananas, apples, raw carrots, zuchinni in bread, that's about it) and I have tried the "give it to them a billion times and they'll eventually end up loving it" approach, but that isn't working. Even as babies they wouldn't eat green veggies. I think that it really is mostly a texture thing (atleast with the fruits), but don't know what to do. Any suggestions???
Dana said…
Dawn, I put the answer on the other blog. Link at bottom of my fave link list. I hope it helps. Thanks for the question, it is fun for me to try to answer it.
Peach said…
I think that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna go check it out.
Allie White said…
I'M SOOO excited that you're doing this. What Mom doesn't love to get new tips and advise. YEAH!! Thank you for doing this friend!!
Kit said…
This is awesome Dana!! I am excited to hear some ideas and tis. You are such a neat girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby time!

Only Blue for us!

Presents for Mason